Translucent PLA 3D Printer Filament.
Translucent allows some light to pass through the filament, and your final printed object.
Polylactic Acid (PLA) is a bio-degradable polymer that is produced from lactic acid, which is fermented from crops such as maize.
It is harder than ABS, melts at a lower temperature (Recommended temperature 180-220°C) and has a glass transition temperature between 60-65°C, making it a very useful material.
Other useful features of PLA:
- Dimensionally stable – there is no need for a heated build platform.
- PLA is relatively inexpensive and easy to source in filament form.
PLA bonds very firmly to Acrylic, and it is not recommended to print directly on an Acrylic build surface – you will struggle to remove the print.
- PLA stick well and can easily be removed from various Tapes (may require some experimentation to find a suitable tape).
- Pre-heated Kapton tape (both the part and surface will need to cool before removing the part).
- Heated Glass (adhesion can be improved by using a strong-hold hairspray).
PLA is a very suitable material for beginners in 3D printing to professionals alike.
|Dimensions||30 x 30 x 10 cm|